This post is also available in: Français (French)
Windsor Salt is engaged in the recovery, processing and sale of salt, and provides over 200 evaporated and rock salt products under its well-known Windsor® and Safe-T-Salt® brand names.
About usIt’s more than just the white, granular seasoning that enhances the flavour of so many foods. Salt is one of the most widely used minerals on Earth. It’s a natural preservative that inhibits the growth of bacteria, and an essential element in our diet.
Products made from evaporated salt (salt recovered from brine) are used in household and food products, as well as for agricultural, water softening and industrial purposes. Those made from mined rock salt are also sold to household and industrial markets for ice control.
- It was 1893, in Windsor, Ontario, when three employees of the Canadian Pacific Railway Company (C.P.R.C.) started a company they called The Windsor Salt Company Limited (Windsor Salt).
- Over the years, the company has developed and established itself as a leader in modern salt processing methods.
- Today, the company is known as Windsor Salt Ltd. and is Canada’s largest salt manufacturer.
Why Work With UsWindsor Salt Ltd. is part of a larger North American salt business which includes Morton Salt, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois USA and Morton Bahamas Limited in Inagua, Bahamas. Together, we employ close to 3,000 people in our salt mines, production sites, warehouses and offices throughout Canada, the United States, and the Island of Inagua in the Bahamas.
To consult the list of employment opportunities currently posted, please visit our Windsor Salt Career Page. If none of the current opportunities are a fit for your current career goals, please do not hesitate to create your own profile and submit your resumé for future opportunities.
- We are driven to lead, innovate and modernize.
We want to unlock potential in each of our team members so they can truly make a difference in Windsor’s ambition to innovate and modernize.
- Windsor Salt has a broader geographic footprint than any other North American deicing salt supplier.
- Windsor Salt Ltd.is headquartered in Pointe-Claire (Québec) and employs some 800 people in Canada across its headquarters, salt plants and salt mines, as well as across its network of warehouses and salt storage facilities.
- Our distribution centers are strategically located to serve Canada’s geographically dispersed markets, employing truck, rail and marine transportation.